Thursday , 14 December 2017

Mom Begs Others Not to Wear Their Babies While Cooking for This Scary Reason

After a scary accident in the kitchen, this mama is warning other parents about a danger most of us haven’t thought about.

Strapping on a baby carrier is such a great way to get some hands-free work done around the house. I wore mine all the time when my son was an infant. It made things like doing dishes, folding laundry, and firing off emails a piece of cake. But when it comes to getting a little meal prep out of the way, you might want to think twice before toting your little one along.

Just ask Molly Landis, who uses a baby carrier pretty much on the regular for her 4-week-old baby girl. Or at least she did, until she was involved in a horrifying accident.

 

“I don’t normally post this kind of stuff or personal information but after sharing this story with close friends I am urged to share this story,” she wrote on Facebook. “On Tuesday I was involved in an accident where my stove burner exploded and sent a fire ball to my face, neck and chest. This caused open wounds and burns to my face and chest. Yes, this is horrible and painful but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about how lucky I truly am.”

Wait… Lucky?

“As a new mom I often wear my sweet 4 week old in my wrap carrier,” she went on to explain. “On this particular night a guardian angel was watching over me and my baby bc for the first time in her life she fell asleep in her swing and I wasn’t wearing her while I was in the kitchen. The worst of my burns is to my chest — exactly where her precious little head would have been laying if she were in her carrier. The point of my message is to pleaseeeee be cautious of the activities we do while wearing our babies! Since this happened I have had so many moms say ‘omg, I do that all the time’ .. we never think it could happen to us and I never thought it would happen to me. So grateful she wasn’t near the explosion.”

She’s right. Bravo to this courageous mama for sharing her story and turning it into a teachable moment for all the other baby-wearing parents out there. We’re SO glad her baby was spared any harm and we wish her a speedy recovery!

Source: www.parents.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Thanks for visiting! If you want to see more content like this in your news-feed, don’t forget to give our page a like on Facebook.

Powered by WordPress Popup