Monday , 11 December 2017

Mum shares shocking photos of her daughters burns to warn other parents

A mum has shared photos of the extensive burns her daughter received after she got stuck behind a radiator while she was playing. Now she’s sharing the photos to warn other parents of the potential danger of children playing near hot radiators.

Two-year-old Bella Davey-Lawrence from Axminster, Devon, was playing at her dad’s house when the accident occured.

Her mother, Natashia Davey, explained what happened in detail to The Sun:

“It was at the foot of the bed, and there was a gap between the bed and radiator that Bella had got into.

My ex was in the kitchen and the girls’ bedroom door was closed so he didn’t know what was happening until he heard screaming.

We have no idea what happened in the bedroom – if she’d fallen off her bed and landed in the gap or climbed down and then got burnt.”

Bella was airlifted to hospital in Bristol with second degree burns covering 10% of her body, on her back, buttocks, elbows and calf.

Natashia has posted these pictures on Twitter to show the extent of her daughter’s injuries and warn other parents of how dangerous radiators can be:

A fundraising page has been set up to raise money for the burns ward which treated Bella. Natashia gives an update on Bella’s condition here:

My 2 year old daughter was air lifted to Bristol children’s hospital with 10% burns to her back, buttocks,arms and leg. She has had to have a skin graft and we are up to 4 operations so far in 7 days and still have more to go through. Without the support of the nurses and the doctors we wouldn’t have got through it. Amazing people to help children who are in so much pain.

Source: www.netmums.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Thanks for visiting! If you want to see more content like this in your news-feed, don’t forget to give our page a like on Facebook.

Powered by WordPress Popup