A mum has written a heartbreaking post on Facebook after a visit from a sick friend landed her twin daughters in hospital, fighting for their lives.
Australian mum-of-four Laura Wallis, 25, issued the warning after her newborn daughters, Harper and Harlow, contracted a deadly virus.
The six-week-old babies caught respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), a virus often mistaken for the common cold, which can kill small babies.
‘Please I urge anyone who has a cold not to go near babies this is the result of someone with a cold coming near my babies,’ she wrote.
‘One twin on oxygen and a feeding tube and another heading the same way so please if you are sick even with a minor cold do not go near babies,’ she continued.
As the twins were born premature, Laura told visitors that they were more at risk of infection. However, she believes one friend didn’t listen to her plea.
‘When the girls were born, they were five weeks premmie,’ she told Mail Online.
‘I explained to all my family and friends that even minor illnesses could harm them and told them not to come over if they were sick.
‘I just can’t believe someone decided they would be able to risk it with my babies. Now they could die.’
Her Facebook post has been shared over 600 times, with many sending their well wishes.
Our thoughts are with the Wallis family, and we wish Harper and Harlow a very speedy recovery.